Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Not So Cute!

Having a tea with mother and my friend,
I asked Mom, "As a baby was I cute?"
She smiled, brushing out my tangled locks
Saying I'd been happy, and cute to boot,

I sat there on the couch in front of Mom
As she brushed and brushed my so tangled hair
Fingers happening upon her Winstons
And flipping them into her coffee there,

"Oh", Mom says, surprised and at such a loss,
Should she cry, laugh, what to do with this girl
What's to be done about such a strange thing
As tobacco swirling in a cup-twirl?

"I will say, though," Mom reflexively cries,
"You're cute no more though. Please, God bless my eyes."






In celebration of National Poetry Month (April),

I am joining many others in an attempt
to write and post a poem a day.
After years of inactivity
this blog should soon be swirling in words,
if it all works as planned!
 
 
Maureen Thorson has a wonderful site which links to many, many poem-a-day blogs. Be sure to take a look at it, one never knows what one will find!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment